Mormon.org has a page this year titled "Because of Him" (you can find it at easter.mormon.org--if you haven't already seen it, I recommend going there and watching the video). This page talks about everything that Christ made possible through His atonement and resurrection--peace instead of turmoil, forgiveness instead of guilt, innovation, technology, love, and the wonderful truth that every single one of us will live again.
When this page was published, several of my Facebook friends started posting things with the hashtag #becauseofhim, sharing their testimonies and experiences. For the past week I've been thinking about all the things I have #becauseofhim, and as I've done so, I've been absolutely overwhelmed with gratitude. My life right now is amazing; every little piece of it is working together in ways twice as miraculous and wonderful as anything I, by myself, could have imagine or engineered.
So, here are a few of the things that I have #becauseofhim (because one of my blog posts would never be complete without a bullet-point list, would it?)
- I am going to school at BYU, my dream school; I'm on track to building the career of my dreams.
- I'm financially stable (which, considering how much it costs to feed myself, is a real miracle).
- My job rocks.
- I got to sing with Men's Chorus this year, a dream I've had since freshman year.
- Temple blessings mean I'll get to be with the coolest people I know (that's my family, in case you were wondering) forever.
- My health is fantastic.
- The weather is beautiful.
- Prayer and the scriptures help me answer any and every question I have.
- I am able to find forgiveness to replace guilt for my imperfections with peace.
- Even when I'm unsure about what is going to happen, I trust that God has a plan for me that will take me wherever I need to be.
I only hope that I can be as faithful to Him as He is loving, kind, and merciful to me.